Phase One XT Rodenstock 32mm f/4 in-depth review

Vieri

Hello everyone! I completed the second of a series of in-depth reviews dedicated to Rodenstock lenses, in particular used in X-Shutter and on a Phase One XT. This second instalment will analyse the Rodenstock 32mm f/4, an equivalent to 21mm for full-frame medium format.

While lacking automations and other features that we are used to expect from lenses, these days, tech camera lenses such the XT Rodenstock 32mm f/4 are a feat of optical engineering. In particular, the Rodenstock 32mm is considered to be a legendary lens, and it definitely didn't disappoint in my tests.

You can find the whole review here, if interested: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2021/07/xt-rodenstock-32mm-f-4-in-depth-review.html

Looking forward to your comments! Best regards,

Vieri

JimFox

Staff member
What an interesting review Vieri. It made for good reading. That lens is certainly a unique shape to what I am used to seeing. If I shot with the Phase One XT, this lens is one that I would have.

Vieri

What an interesting review Vieri. It made for good reading. That lens is certainly a unique shape to what I am used to seeing. If I shot with the Phase One XT, this lens is one that I would have.
Thank you very much Jim, glad you found it interesting! :) Yes, those tech camera lenses all come in very "utilitarian" (and weird) shapes, they don't "dress" them at all to make them look like the cylinders we are used to... :D

Great test Vieri. I can only dream of such a system.
Thank you very much Ben, glad you enjoyed the read! :) Yes, the system puts a sizeable dent in the old bank account, but the results are impressive!

Best regards,

Vieri

Top Bottom