The Old Farm House

Brian

So I'm stealing Jim's idea and hitting the local farm house. I have never really messed around with black and white. Also I have the creative eye of a sharp stick. So i'd love your thoughts on this. The fact that I took this sitting on my back porch is pretty convenient. So I will have lots of time to try again....

Thanks.

AlanLichty

Nice - you can fly right over this while sitting on your back porch? You should have lot of opportunities to practice.

I like the B&W for this dilapidated structure. Its in much worse shape than the one Jim shot which makes it even more photogenic in my book. You should try some closer in shots on the farmhouse itself provided the breeze from the fan blades on your drone won't knock the rest of it down 😁

Brian

Nice - you can fly right over this while sitting on your back porch? You should have lot of opportunities to practice.

I like the B&W for this dilapidated structure. Its in much worse shape than the one Jim shot which makes it even more photogenic in my book. You should try some closer in shots on the farmhouse itself provided the breeze from the fan blades on your drone won't knock the rest of it down 😁
I'm afraid you may right. I don't think it has too many more wind storms left in it. I'll send it up later and get some closer ones. Thanks!

JimFox

Staff member
This is so awesome Brian! I am glad I had even a tiny part of helping inspire you to photograph old farms. I might trade a working windmill for just how cool this looks. The B&W is great and I think this is composed really well! I hope you keep this up, it’s a joy to view them.

Brian

This is so awesome Brian! I am glad I had even a tiny part of helping inspire you to photograph old farms. I might trade a working windmill for just how cool this looks. The B&W is great and I think this is composed really well! I hope you keep this up, it’s a joy to view them.

Thanks Jim. I think I'll start looking around for some more shots.

Top Bottom