The Sunset Dance

JimFox

Staff member
I have through the years seen many a photographer dancing with joy when a sunset goes off, I wasn't dancing during this, but the waves were dancing! :) I think they are better dancers than me anyway.

This is from Laguna Beach near Woods Cove. It's a rock shelf that reaches out into ocean and has a feature that I have nicknamed "Little Thors Well". This wave splash is on the backside of it. This image doesn't show the Little Thors Well, I will post some of those later.

I captured this after the sun head set, you can see it's really blowing out the clouds still even just below the horizon. This is at 1/5th of a sec, which I prefer for splashes.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

_D851272_16x9_dw.jpg

AlanLichty

Nice splash - by the time the wave action is high enough to get a similar effect at Thor's Well you wouldn't be able to stand for a level shot like this. Looks like a nice place to shoot.

JimFox

Staff member
Nice splash - by the time the wave action is high enough to get a similar effect at Thor's Well you wouldn't be able to stand for a level shot like this. Looks like a nice place to shoot.
Thanks!

This one splashed behind the hole first, then water comes up through the hole. I need to go back and capture it with a multiple exposure so I get both in the same image.

JimFox

Staff member
Nice image Jim. I can't imagine seeing you dance, but I'd watch the video!
Ha ha, thanks Jeffrey.

There might be a video somewhere, my Granddaughter invited me to go with her to a Father/Daughter event at here dance studio, and they made us dance. 🤪

Top Bottom