Two Hours At The Pond

JimFox

Staff member
Really cool Jim! I like how you pan and zoom in yours. It gives me something to look for on mine.

Have you noticed issues with YouTube serving up the SD version for the first 10 or 11 secs before the HD version finally loads and renders? My last timelapse with stars from Joshua Tree had that issue. I googled it, and it seems to be a pretty serious problem with YouTube and I couldn't find a fix. Have you seen it, or know how to prevent it? I would rather YouTube just say loading for 10 seconds while the HD version downloads to the browser for the viewer, then for the first 10 seconds to be so blotchy and pixelated. I haven't noticed that issue with any of your video's.

Jim Sanderson

Nice one, you are using mechanized pan and zoom right? Very good effect.
Thanks Ben, I'm a work in progress with these time lapses. I used both mechanized and post for the panning, zoom was all post. This was taken with a Sony a7riii and a Canon 24mm TS-E with tilt and shift. Using an Edelkrone headplus pro and version 5 slider on a tripod.......DaVinci Resolve Studio for the post work.
Really cool Jim! I like how you pan and zoom in yours. It gives me something to look for on mine.

Jim Sanderson

Have you noticed issues with YouTube serving up the SD version for the first 10 or 11 secs before the HD version finally loads and renders? My last timelapse with stars from Joshua Tree had that issue. I googled it, and it seems to be a pretty serious problem with YouTube and I couldn't find a fix. Have you seen it, or know how to prevent it? I would rather YouTube just say loading for 10 seconds while the HD version downloads to the browser for the viewer, then for the first 10 seconds to be so blotchy and pixelated. I haven't noticed that issue with any of your video's.
No, I haven't a problem with Youtube like you're talking about..............not sure what is going on..........

Top Bottom