Two Temples

JimFox

Staff member
This is really sweet! I love that light on the temples and those clouds are very dramatic. I like the look of the Temples.

Bart Carrig

Jeffrey, a really great image. Just the right temp to complement the super clouds. One of my favorite places, and you really nailed it.

Bart

Ken Rennie

Beautiful Jeffrey. As too hot, It looks believable and more importntly their are still gradations of colour, tone and saturation in the red towers, I don't like it when things get so saturated that you can't tell the difference between the fairly red and the very red but you have skillfully managed to avoid that. If I am allowed to nitpick the right hand end of the 2 towers seem to have a black line running inside the skyline. This could be the opposite, but usually unnoticed, side effect of sharpening which produces the usual white line seen outside of such edges. I could, of course be totally wrong about this and it could be a downsizing artefact or caused by darkening/ brightening colours in HSL or it could be natural. Whatever it is it doesn't spoil a terrific image. Ken

MonikaC

Good drama, Jeffrey. When you said "hot" I assumed you were referring to the temperatures, not the processing, as everyone else interpreted it. Looking forward to your B&W.

Jim Dockery

On first glance it looked like you had turned the clouds B&W leaving the tower color, an effect I normally don't care for, esp. in a landscape, but closer inspection reveals color in the dark clouds that are so grey they look monotone. I really like the effect and processing, but looking forward to the B&W too.

Jeffrey

Beautiful Jeffrey. As too hot, It looks believable and more importntly their are still gradations of colour, tone and saturation in the red towers, I don't like it when things get so saturated that you can't tell the difference between the fairly red and the very red but you have skillfully managed to avoid that. If I am allowed to nitpick the right hand end of the 2 towers seem to have a black line running inside the skyline. This could be the opposite, but usually unnoticed, side effect of sharpening which produces the usual white line seen outside of such edges. I could, of course be totally wrong about this and it could be a downsizing artefact or caused by darkening/ brightening colours in HSL or it could be natural. Whatever it is it doesn't spoil a terrific image. Ken
Thanks for the feedback, Ken. Remembering that I was somewhat fatigued late night when I worked on this one, I revisited and repaired the areas of concern, and found a few hotspots as well as dust that I missed. Fixed the edges. Not much noticeable difference, but for those of us that look close, this version is now cleaner.

Top Bottom