Waterfall Wednesday 5/16/2018

AlanLichty

Another Wednesday another round of waterfalls.

This is an image that won't be possible to duplicate within my lifetime - Elowah Falls as seen from behind the trees along the trail. A couple of weeks ago when I was coming down the Gorge on I-84 I made a point of being ready to glance up the McCord Creek drainage right as I went by. What I could see confirmed what I have read so far about that side canyon - it's bare rocks and soil pretty much all the way down to the freeway. This drainage and nearby Oneonta Creek suffered the worst damage in the whole Gorge.

ElowahFalls3.jpg

Pile on your own shots :)

MonikaC

This is an image that won't be possible to duplicate within my lifetime - Elowah Falls as seen from behind the trees along the trail. A couple of weeks ago when I was coming down the Gorge on I-84 I made a point of being ready to glance up the McCord Creek drainage right as I went by. What I could see confirmed what I have read so far about that side canyon - it's bare rocks and soil pretty much all the way down to the freeway. This drainage and nearby Oneonta Creek suffered the worst damage in the whole Gorge.

View attachment 8550

You might have to put this in the 'Historical' forum....

JimFox

Staff member

View attachment 8550

A sad way to have shots that won’t be duplicated. You didn’t snap any photos of the damage as you drove by? :)

A nice shot here.

Bart Carrig

Again, a really wonderful series. Each with it's own grace -- every single image -- well, excuse the phrase: rocks.

Clever phone shot Jim, innovative -- couldn't you manage a selfie reflection as well?

Great job to all.

Bart

AlanLichty

Again, a really wonderful series. Each with it's own grace -- every single image -- well, excuse the phrase: rocks.

Clever phone shot Jim, innovative -- couldn't you manage a selfie reflection as well?

Great job to all.

Bart
Exactly the right formula - water, rocks, and gravity. A winning combination in my books :D

Top Bottom