Waves and Lines

Graeme F

Well-Known Member
Took this on a very windy and rainy day so alittle rushed but these rocks caught my eye and I liked the way the lines in the rocks complimented the sea as it rolled back and forth on the shore. Will have to go back and set up properly I think. Think also the picture might need cropping a little? What do folks think? Taken as ever on 6DMKII and 16-35mm


Wexford 1.jpg
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
I love the lines in the shoreline rock formation and the contrast to the lines of the receding waves with this long shutter. Well done. Not sure I would want to crop much from this scene to be honest.
 

Amy Earl

Well-Known Member
Those rock shapes are really cool. I like how you captured the wave receding instead of crashing, those lines in the sand add a lot of interest. I like your framing. Could try a version with less sky to make the rocks a bigger focal point, though not sure it would work.
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Awesome Graeme! What awesome rocks! Love the way they are worn with those smooth edges and lines. I sure do hope you go back again, those rocks are really special.

I wouldn't crop this, I think it looks perfect!
 

Timmeh

Well-Known Member
The mimcry of the lines in the rocks and waves make this wonderful. I'm not sure how much more rock you had to work with, but I find the rocks much more interesting than the sky. If you had cirrus the cirrus clouds you'd have a hat trick!
 

Jameel Hyder

Moderator
Staff member
That is a very nice foreground for this image. The texture of incoming waves works nicely with the foreground rocks.
 

dan swiger

Well-Known Member
Took this on a very windy and rainy day so alittle rushed but these rocks caught my eye and I liked the way the lines in the rocks complimented the sea as it rolled back and forth on the shore. Will have to go back and set up properly I think. Think also the picture might need cropping a little? What do folks think? Taken as ever on 6DMKII and 16-35mm


View attachment 47052
You've got three textures going here, sky, waves & rock. I like it for it's simplicity. Nice composition!
 
Top Bottom