White beauty

Jameel Hyder

Moderator
Staff member
I went out to the Bellevue botanical gardens on Tuesday. It felt good to be out taking a stroll in the garden after being cooped up for a while. Its a bit early for all the blooms there and not everything in the garden is open. This is one of the blooms I captured.

C&C Welcome

5DSR4873.jpg
 
Last edited:

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Awesome image, you have nailed exposure focusing and composition with a great background. How do you do that?
 

Jameel Hyder

Moderator
Staff member
Awesome image, you have nailed exposure focusing and composition with a great background. How do you do that?
Thanks Ben.

No control on the background in the garden of course. It’s done in post. I mask the subject and darken the rest to near black. The shot was taken on a tripod looking down into the flower with a 100mm macro lens.
 

Amy Earl

Well-Known Member
Thanks Ben.

No control on the background in the garden of course. It’s done in post. I mask the subject and darken the rest to near black. The shot was taken on a tripod looking down into the flower with a 100mm macro lens.
Nice precision on your mask. Love the result.
 
Top Bottom