Who ordered the fish?

JohnC

Well-Known Member
I was out again at Bolsa Chica ER today. The light was terribly harsh and my talent on the thin side. But I found this Osprey just on his way back from a fishing trip. Not as sharp as I would have liked but this was one of the sharpest.

There was a crow who kept following the Opsprey wanting to steal the fish. The Osprey landed once in the trees but couldn't begin to enjoy his meal as the crow approached. So, they both took off for parts unknown.

 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Wow! It sure looks pretty good to me John. I think you did a good job here. To catch it flying while holding a fish sure makes this one special in my book.
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
Nice lunch - looks like a small bass. If I had to guess the osprey doesn't particularly care which species was on the menu. Very nice capture.
 

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Great catch, Have you ever seen one dive? They will go all the way underwater and come back up with a big fish. I guess that's why they are called fish eagles.
 

JohnC

Well-Known Member
Great catch, Have you ever seen one dive? They will go all the way underwater and come back up with a big fish. I guess that's why they are called fish eagles.
Thank you Ben. I have not. This one was in the area and I actually shot him in a tree just a bit earlier. He took off after that and I didn't see him for a while until all of a sudden he was coming toward me with the catch of the day.

I will probably learn a bit more about birds now that I have a lens with reasonable distance. Especially the ones who are local.
 

Eric Gofreed

Well-Known Member
I was out again at Bolsa Chica ER today. The light was terribly harsh and my talent on the thin side. But I found this Osprey just on his way back from a fishing trip. Not as sharp as I would have liked but this was one of the sharpest.

There was a crow who kept following the Opsprey wanting to steal the fish. The Osprey landed once in the trees but couldn't begin to enjoy his meal as the crow approached. So, they both took off for parts unknown.

awesome capture, John. Very impressive skills!
 
Top Bottom