Winged Wednesday: 11-27-2019

Eric is out of town so I posted his image and text for him. "Today’s Winged Wednesday is a long-eared bat. This bat was captured at night with a radio trigger at Elephant Head Pond, south of Tucson, Arizona. The trigger sets off 4 speedlight flash. Using an intervalometer, the camera takes hundreds of 30 second exposures. In 3 hours, I might get 3 or 4 keepers."

long-eared bat-1539-Edit[25233].jpg
 
Last edited:

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Today’s Winged Wednesday is a long-eared bat. This bat was captured at night with a radio trigger at Elephant Head Pond, south of Tucson, Arizona. The trigger sets off 4 speedlight flash. Using an intervalometer, the camera takes hundreds of 30 second exposure. In 3 hours, I might get 3 or 4 keepers.

View attachment 23256
This is great Doug. Thanks for starting this, hopefully @Eric Gofreed is just hung over from too much Hot Chocolate last night and will be able to post a photo too. :)

To capture this reflection like this seems like a miracle, definitely a technically difficult shot.
 
Incredible image, Eric. Here is my Thanksgiving contribution. This was taken in Park City, UT My grandson Jack was with me and I was getting the turkey to gobble back to the sound of a turkey gobble on iBird Pro. He laughed so hard every time I did that. It is a memory that will be with me forever. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.

Wild Turkey (1 of 1).jpg
 
Last edited:

Littlefield

Well-Known Member
Doug, that is a nice Tom and I have memories of being with my brother calling turkeys up. He is amazing with a mouth call so I know that is an experience you will never forget.
 
Wow Douglas, this will be hard to top. Great image you have here and great technical process.

Here is mine. American goldfinch shot at my home in Spokane a few years back.

View attachment 23258
Sorry for the confusion about Eric's image and text. Very nice Amrican Goldfinch, Ben.
Doug, very cool and great capture from the work.
Don
Sorry for the confusion about Eric's Bat image. He is out of town so I posted that for him forgetting that my information would come up instead of his.
 
Last edited:
This is great Doug. Thanks for starting this, hopefully @Eric Gofreed is just hung over from too much Hot Chocolate last night and will be able to post a photo too. :)

To capture this reflection like this seems like a miracle, definitely a technically difficult shot.
Sorry for the confusion about Eric's image, Jim. He is out of town so I posted the text and image for him. I couldn't get that image in a million shots. I have corrected the text to make it obvious who took the image. My bad.
 

ckcarr

Founding Member
It's kind of funny how one day I'll have an opportunity and get a bunch of pictures like this, and then take it for granted... But then a few years later I realize I've never had this same opportunity again... And never even seen them again... I have many bird and animal shots like that, one timers...

Here's my Thanksgiving contribution!

_DSC0009197-X2.jpg


_DSC0009218-X2.jpg
 
Top Bottom