Winged Wednesday 12/4/2019

Eric Gofreed

Well-Known Member
This week’s photograph was taken years in 2013. Even though I was a novice bird photographer it is still one of my Favorite photographs.

Most of the birds are Marbled Godwits but there are a fair number of Willets and there are three Dunlins in the foreground. One of three man-made islands, Arcata Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary, California.

An instant before this photo, most birds were asleep with their bills tucked neatly. They all went on alert and looking in the same direction spontaneously.



Boat full of Godwits.jpg
 

Brian

Well-Known Member
I went out to my favorite State Park on Monday knowing I was going to be in the hospital on Tuesday having a little heart procedure, so I took advantage of the nice weather. The number of eagles weren't there yet, but I did see a few. Hopefully I can find a good eagle picture to post once I feel up to it. I did grab a decent photo of this Jay in the morning with the sun hitting his eye. Please let me know what you think.

 
Top Bottom