Winged Wednesday 2/5/2020

Eric Gofreed

Well-Known Member
Sometimes you don't have to travel very far to take photographs for Winged Wednesday. I have a firethorn (pyracantha bush) by my desk window. The birds decided the berries were ripe for the pickings. Here are a few of the dozen species I photographed Tuesday morning.

Western bluebird-1024-Edit.jpg

Western Bluebird (female)

Western bluebird-1445-Edit.jpg

Western Bluebird (male)

Phainopepla-9057-Edit.jpg

Phainopepla (male)

Phainopepla--1229-Edit-Edit.jpg

Phainopepla (female)

Cedar Waxwing-1641-Edit.jpg

Cedar Waxwing
 

Jim Sanderson

Well-Known Member
Sometimes you don't have to travel very far to take photographs for Winged Wednesday. I have a firethorn (pyracantha bush) by my desk window. The birds decided the berries were ripe for the pickings. Here are a few of the dozen species I photographed Tuesday morning.


Another great set Eric...…….
 
Sometimes you don't have to travel very far to take photographs for Winged Wednesday. I have a firethorn (pyracantha bush) by my desk window. The birds decided the berries were ripe for the pickings. Here are a few of the dozen species I photographed Tuesday morning.

View attachment 24904
Western Bluebird (female)

View attachment 24905
Western Bluebird (male)

View attachment 24906
Phainopepla (male)

View attachment 24907
Phainopepla (female)

View attachment 24909
Cedar Waxwing
Spectacular, Eric. I can't wait for my turn. That Cedar Waxwing is to die for.
 
Last edited:

Darcy Grizzle

Well-Known Member
Sometimes you don't have to travel very far to take photographs for Winged Wednesday. I have a firethorn (pyracantha bush) by my desk window. The birds decided the berries were ripe for the pickings. Here are a few of the dozen species I photographed Tuesday morning.

Beautiful shots Eric :)
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
My contribution for today is a shot with more seagulls. This is from two days ago when it was a rather chilly day (mid 30's) with winds gusting up to 40mph which made life rather unpleasant for the gulls. Most of them were hunkered down to avoid the wind and while they were keeping an eye on me they weren't very interested in flying away either.

 

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Thanks for starting this Eric. Love the series, especially the waxwing. When I lived in Spokane, we had lots of mountain ash which attracted waxwings and robins who gorged until they were drunk.

Here is my contribution for the week. I believe this is a mountain bluebird.

110424_50D_4799 12-4-2017.jpg
 

Eric Gofreed

Well-Known Member
Thanks for starting this Eric. Love the series, especially the waxwing. When I lived in Spokane, we had lots of mountain ash which attracted waxwings and robins who gorged until they were drunk.

Here is my contribution for the week. I believe this is a mountain bluebird.

View attachment 24922
Great shot
Thanks for starting this Eric. Love the series, especially the waxwing. When I lived in Spokane, we had lots of mountain ash which attracted waxwings and robins who gorged until they were drunk.

Here is my contribution for the week. I believe this is a mountain bluebird.

View attachment 24922
That's an excellent portrait of a male Western Bluebird, Ben
 
Top Bottom