Eric Gofreed
Well-Known Member
The Black-throated sparrow is also known as the desert sparrow. This sparrow's habitat is the arid desert hillsides and scrub of the Southwestern United States and Mexico. It is a most handsome small sparrow.
And very handsome it is too Eric. Beautiful images.The Black-throated sparrow is also known as the desert sparrow. This sparrow's habitat is the arid desert hillsides and scrub of the Southwestern United States and Mexico. It is a most handsome small sparrow.
View attachment 27131
View attachment 27132
I believe you are right!I have a departure from my usual gull shot today from a drive through the Lewis and Clark Wildlife Refuge along the north shore of the Columbia River near Cathlamet, Washington. I believe these are American Wigeons.
View attachment 27138
What a great image Alan! Feels like your standing right there watching them....it has wonderful 3 dimensional aspect to it.I have a departure from my usual gull shot today from a drive through the Lewis and Clark Wildlife Refuge along the north shore of the Columbia River near Cathlamet, Washington. I believe these are American Wigeons.
View attachment 27138
Nice, Eric. I love that second one.The Black-throated sparrow is also known as the desert sparrow. This sparrow's habitat is the arid desert hillsides and scrub of the Southwestern United States and Mexico. It is a most handsome small sparrow.
View attachment 27131
View attachment 27132
A beautiful bird Doug, nicely captured.Its about time for these beautiful Lazuli Buntings to be passing through here on their spring migration. I usually get them in my yard.
View attachment 27141
beautiful photo, TerryView attachment 27136 Spotted this little guy which I believe is a Global Skimmer in the dunes yesterday. Must be returning north, hope he has more luck than us.
nice to see these American Wigeons, Alan. Excellent work!I have a departure from my usual gull shot today from a drive through the Lewis and Clark Wildlife Refuge along the north shore of the Columbia River near Cathlamet, Washington. I believe these are American Wigeons.
View attachment 27138
love the bird and the red yucca. I went to Sycamore Canyon Yesterday. Gorgeous flowers... what are the purple ones? I need to get there earlier. BTW... I have a hooded and Scott's oriole coming to the feeders.Its about time for these beautiful Lazuli Buntings to be passing through here on their spring migration. I usually get them in my yard.
View attachment 27141
Thanks for that Eric.beautiful photo, Terry
Nicely captured Ben.What a great collection of images here by everyone, and thanks you very much for starting this Eric.
Here is a mallard Drake coming in for a landing.
View attachment 27144
Great shot of the green-head, BenWhat a great collection of images here by everyone, and thanks you very much for starting this Eric.
Here is a mallard Drake coming in for a landing.
View attachment 27144