Cloudscape Fun

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
So I am sure I'm getting a little stir-crazy, not having traveled too far away or taken too many scenic shots lately. I was actually out on the open space path behind our house the other day, trying to wait out a juvenile Eagle that was very far away across the field in hopes he would fly my way. (Spoiler alert - he did not fly for the 30 minutes I watched him, then flew away in the 2 minutes I spent taking this image 😒). Eventually, right before I came in, I spied a cool cloud formation. I still had the 150-600 on the camera, so I dialed all the way back to 150, and took an image. It ended up being just a cloudscape because of the shortest focal length I had available. When I went back in, downloaded the images and looked at them, this same shot caught my eye. In the fascinating way that the brain always tries to make something significant out of randomness, I immediately saw something in the cloud.

LRCC_sRGB_FW_EndeavorCloudscape_TAP_0825-Edit.jpg



Probably because I am a geeky engineer, recently retired form an Aerospace company, I see the Space Shuttle Endeavor hitching a ride on the back of one of the modified 747 airliners designed to transport the Shuttles around 🤪 What do you see?

Maybe we can start a thread of cloud images and what folks see in them...

ML
 

JimFox

Moderator
Staff member
Before I read your writeup, I saw the space shuttle. :)

That open space sounds great behind your house, it would be a fun place to hang out. Hopefully you can get out more, I almost feel safer on the road then at home. You just have to watch out at gas stations as once you get to Montana, Wyoming, the Dakota's none of the locals are wearing face masks despite the soaring cases of Covid-19 in their states. But being out by yourself is super cool and safe in that fresh air.
 

AlanLichty

Moderator
I made the mistake of reading your prose first and of course that means I can't unsee a shuttle on top of NASA's 747 now 😁

Nice way to spend an afternoon even if you didn't get a shot of the young eagle.
 

Mike Lewis

Staff Member
Yes, I should have posted it and asked first, then replied with my thoughts after, but I was too impatient to do that :)

Yes, the open space behind our house is a real treasure. It has yielded both scenic images and some wildlife images too; hopefully more of those as I get more proficient. Although that also requires great patience :)

ML
 
Top Bottom