Mike Lewis
Staff Member
So I am sure I'm getting a little stir-crazy, not having traveled too far away or taken too many scenic shots lately. I was actually out on the open space path behind our house the other day, trying to wait out a juvenile Eagle that was very far away across the field in hopes he would fly my way. (Spoiler alert - he did not fly for the 30 minutes I watched him, then flew away in the 2 minutes I spent taking this image
). Eventually, right before I came in, I spied a cool cloud formation. I still had the 150-600 on the camera, so I dialed all the way back to 150, and took an image. It ended up being just a cloudscape because of the shortest focal length I had available. When I went back in, downloaded the images and looked at them, this same shot caught my eye. In the fascinating way that the brain always tries to make something significant out of randomness, I immediately saw something in the cloud.
Probably because I am a geeky engineer, recently retired form an Aerospace company, I see the Space Shuttle Endeavor hitching a ride on the back of one of the modified 747 airliners designed to transport the Shuttles around
What do you see?
Maybe we can start a thread of cloud images and what folks see in them...
ML
Probably because I am a geeky engineer, recently retired form an Aerospace company, I see the Space Shuttle Endeavor hitching a ride on the back of one of the modified 747 airliners designed to transport the Shuttles around
Maybe we can start a thread of cloud images and what folks see in them...
ML